The 'small' business sector is one of Australia's and New Zealand's largest employers and one of its most exciting. Entrepreneurs and aspirants, each ready to deliver something they are much more emotionally invested in are an amazing bunch of people to be around... and serve. I predict that this sector is going to explode in growth over the next decade and this is my invitation to you to play an important role in supporting that, as our National Network Development Manager.
Hi, I'm James Michael and I'm the founder and CEO of Justified Talent and I'd love to encourage you to consider joining this genuinely unique sales recruitment business, which is making a real difference - to also make a real difference... and build something of genuine value for yourself.
I kicked off Justified Talent in January 2018 because I knew that so many small businesses reach a point where their capacity to grow - to move from start-up to scale-up - is hampered by the limitations of the founder. Many don't want to be in 'sales'. They just want to be able to deliver their 'baby' or 'clever mousetrap' with passion. So they need to bring a sales professional onboard.
I also knew though, that equally as many small business owners have a real concern about getting that wrong. Making a mistake. Hiring the wrong person and having to bear the cost (in the many senses of that word) of that mistake. And using a traditional recruiter was expensive and of questionable value-for-money.
My 'why' is to help them achieve the first, while avoiding the latter.
Four plus years later and we have a brand which is respected and seen as the go-to provider to help small business owners identify, attract, select, recruit and then optimise their FIRST sales professionals. My small team and I have placed over 150 salespeople into roles all around the region (and even into the U.S. and the UAE!), with many clients coming back to us for their second and third sales hires.
Having developed a robust and proven evidence-based, data-driven system, which helps our clients recruit with a 300% greater certainty that they've got the right person, it's time to grow. The initial plan is to grow around A/NZ with 20 Regional Directors in each major region by December 2023. In 2023 we'll also franchise, with an intent to bring on 70+ franchisees around A/NZ. And then, in 2024 we'll head overseas. As National Network Development Manager you'll participate in and benefit from that growth. You're getting in on the ground floor of something which is going to grow... significantly.
So, who are you?
Quite likely you'll come from a franchise recruitment background - although I'll happily entertain folks from outside of that. You're more than likely an accomplished sales leader. You've hired, fired, managed, led, coached, counselled and performance managed sales professionals for 5+ years, lending you gravitas. And equally as importantly, when people describe you, they use these attributes:
- Smart, well-spoken and commercially savvy
- Really comfortable and confident with 21st Century tech and social-selling
- Goal-focused, determined, with tons of personal grit
- Someone with presence and an opinion - while not dominant
- A natural with people who also knows when to focus on the task at hand
- A believer that 'ad-lib is for amateurs' and committed to continuous improvement
- Generally positive, yet nobody pulls the wool over your eyes
- Action-oriented and happy to make considered, commercially sound decisions
- Comfortable listening to alternative views yet you'll also take a firm stand
- A natural leader - people always look to you - and you love building capability
- A balanced view of the world. You call on both data and intuition
Sound about right?
Working from absolutely anywhere (so long as it's safe!), you'll be initially responsible for identifying, attracting, selecting and then recruiting the 20 Regional Directors around A/NZ. For them, this will be a sweat equity opportunity in their location. You'll be talking to and winning the hearts and minds of seasoned business people who have healthy egos and who will be discerning.
You'll also be a valued member of the Group leadership team, contributing value and thought leadership to the group mission.
In time you'll also be responsible for setting up our franchise system. Once that has happened, you'll become our Head of Network Development, and you'll be looking for, recruiting, onboarding and leading 70+ franchisees around the country, who will have vertical-expertise, with the back up of the Regional Directors.
Why would you?
- You'll earn a healthy six-figure salary;
- You'll gain equity in the Franchisor;
- It's a great brand to represent - we're respected and trusted;
- You'll have real autonomy - I'll trust you from day one;
- You'll end up impacting positively on literally 1000's of small businesses - and the economy;
- We're a 4-day a week business - every weekend is a long weekend here;
- I'll invest in your capabilities non-stop
Interested? You know you are right? If you haven't already, check out my video accompanying this, then, why not hit Apply Now, give us a few details about you, answer a few role-related questions and do a quick 10-minute self assessment which will give us insights into your ideal work culture - and we'll be in touch! No resume or cover letter needed.
EVERY application will be acknowledged. EVERY applicant will be advised the outcome of their application.
I and The Justified Talent Group are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all people who believe they have the right blend of experience and character.