Engaging today’s youth in STEM
Street Science programmes are facilitated by fully trained and experienced science communicators. With either a science or education background, the team mix humour, exciting demonstrations and quality scientific explanations into an interactive science experience to be enjoyed by all ages.
Street Science was founded by Steven Liddell, a fully qualified science educator who has a passion for bringing science to life. Whilst working full time as a high school teacher, he had a vision: to take his engaging style of science education out of the classroom and on tour around the state.
Officially branded as Street Science in 2012, the company continues to offer exciting and engaging stage shows as well as thoughtfully designed hands-on workshops to complement the Australian National Curriculum. Based in Brisbane, Street Science engages intensively with schools and communities along the East Coast of Australia, as well as servicing other major cities, regional districts, and international audiences.
And right now, we're proud to have been retained by Steve to find a seasoned Business Development professional, joining as Sales Manager, to take ownership of all things sales - with a view to becoming the sales leader, nationally, in the latter part of next year.
So, who are you?
Well, would people generally describe you as:
- Intelligent and curious
- Commercially astute
- More goal-oriented than most, with a real desire to achieve results
- Diplomatically assertive
- Sociable and an engaging conversationalist - with a good sense of humour
- Someone who appreciates policies & procedures, yet can be 'creative on your feet'
- Generally optimistic but not easily led 'up the garden path'
- Action-oriented. A person who knows 'when to close' and does
- Definitely customer-oriented yet comfortable asserting your professional opinion
- Self-initiating and comfortable 'out on the road'
- A great reader of people, yet your intuition is backed by data
- Committed to education, an advocate for children and love being part of the solution
If they do and you have a sound understanding of the primary and junior high education environment in QLD, including, curriculums and school programmes, we'd love to hear from you.
What does the job entail?
- Top line - selling School Education Programmes (both face to face and physical/digital products) to teachers and school decision makers. School Holiday Programs to Marketing Managers in Shopping Centres and public events, as well as to education managers in OSHC, Libraries and Kindies.
- Generating leads through sales efforts, networking, conferences, teach meets, and social media efforts
- Representing Street Science at conferences/schools/teach meets.
- Selling the Street Science range of programmes to primary schools, kindies and junior high schools throughout predominantly Brisbane - but with opportunities for sales interstate.
- Behind the scenes you'll be bringing sales professionalism to the business - so you'll be designing and building a scalable sales eco-system - that you'll become the leader of as the sales team grows
Why Street Science?
Well, from Steve:
“I’ve been a strong advocate for improving student outcomes through meaningful educational opportunities for a long time, and in setting up Street Science back in 2012 I saw an opportunity to engage kids and the wider community through High Energy Stage Shows, and Engaging Hands-on Workshops.
My team and I strive to make learning fun, whilst providing the best in Science Education Experiences across a range of topics. From School Incursions through to Kids’ Parties and Community Events, Street Science are recognised as the best in the business… and for a good reason. Whatever the occasion, if you need someone to fire up a love of learning in your community, you’ve found the ultimate experience here! Enjoy.”
- An opportunity to work with a well-backed company leading the way in STEM education.
- A significant level of autonomy.
- Good remuneration with realistic OTE of $120K.
Looks good, hey? So, what are you waiting for? Click on the Apply tag and introduce yourself by building a profile, telling us a bit about your experience and completing a 10-minute cultural assessment. We don't need a resume or a cover letter.
Street Science is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably experienced individuals.
(EVERY application will be responded to. EVERY applicant will know the outcome of their application. Because we're Justified Talent. www.JustifiedTalent.com)